Natural dried prune with pit from Iran.
Khormae dried prunes are salty and sour in taste. A bit of salt is added to this prune to preserve it. The salt can easily be removed by washing the prune. Khormae dried prune is soft, meaty and has a sticky texture. This prune is mostly enjoyed as a snack or is used for making Lavashak (Fruit Rolls).
Ingredients: Prune, Sea salt
Benefits of Dried Prunes:
- Prunes are a great source of vitamin A, a vitamin that is essential for healthy vision. One prune delivers 3 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A. People who are deficient in vitamin A are prone to night blindness, dry eyes, macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Dried plums are rich with antioxidants. Prunes contain manganese, iron and plant phenolics that function as antioxidants and help protect the cell membranes from free radical damage.
- Prunes are high in potassium, an important mineral that ensures proper functioning of the heart and nerve response throughout the body. Daily intake of potassium helps lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of problems such as dizziness, heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
- Prunes help the body in digesting food properly, to relieve constipation and have regular bowel movement. This is because prunes are high in fiber and sorbitol.
- Prunes are great sources of iron, contributing to the overall health of your hair and offering countless benefits to it. They are a source of vitamin B, vitamin C, which are great for your hair growth. These nutrients strengthen your hair from the roots and prevent breakage and damage.
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.4 g||0%|
|Saturated fat 0.1 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0.1 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 2 mg||0%|
|Potassium 732 mg||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 64 g||21%|
|Dietary fiber 7 g||28%|
|Sugar 38 g|
|Protein 2.2 g||4%|
|Vitamin A||15%||Vitamin C||1%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||10%|
|*Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|